12 September, 2010

My First Post...god help me!

Hello!  I've heard that there are a few people eagerly awaiting my first blog post...oh wait, the timer on the stove is going off...be right back...


...ok, back...had to take the stew off the stove.  I tend to make things the way my mother made them, so this stew is some cubed beef from Bolton's Farm Market in Silverdale, PA, turnips, carrots, parsnips and red potatoes.  I added
a bit of red wine when I was done browning the meat and before I added the water.


So, that should give you a little bit of a hint about what I want to blog about--food and cooking.  I'm no gourmet cook, I have no training, but I grew up in a family of 12 children and as one of the oldest, learned how to cook some basic things at an early age. 


Today, I enjoy cooking for my DP, Darling Petunia.  For Susan, I will get back into baking the 'no knead' bread that she loves and that I abandoned when it got hot this summer. I'll eventually get into some different kinds of breads. 
I find baking challenging because of the need to measure the ingredients accurately, which is NOT something I do when I cook. 

 One thing I have found over the years is that I find cooking fun, not a chore at all! 

So, watch this space--I'll start soon!

Gerry...

No comments:

Post a Comment